The workbook is affordable! Often it s half the cost of competing workbooks.
Because the workbook is designed to help students review what they have learned from reading the textbook, it is organized around learning objectives, which work like a built-in study guide. Multiple choice, true/false, crosswords, word searches, critical thinking scenarios, and other activities test the student s knowledge of each chapter.
- Material organized by body system this includes each system s structure and function, normal changes of aging, how the nursing assistant can help with normal aging changes, observing and reporting, and common diseases and care guidelines
- Issues relating to Residents Rights emphasized throughout in special boxes
- New information on person-centered care and culture change
- Up-to-date, comprehensive material on infection prevention
- Many new website resources throughout and a comprehensive community resources box
- More information on mental illness
- A skill for emptying the catheter drainage bag
- Updated nutrition information on MyPlate, special diets, and feeding techniques
- Current information on legal issues, such as HIPAA
- Significantly expanded testing section available to instructors, including 10 chapters exams, two final exams, and a critical thinking exam, along with a practice exam for students taking the certification test
- A table of procedures, common abbreviations list, and a glossary