Foundations of the Vocational Rehabilitation Process Seventh Edition
Stanford E. Rubin Richard T. Roessler Phillip D. Rumrill, Jr.
Note : Image shown for reference purposes only. Actual product appearance may vary. Please read product description for full and accurate details
The seventh edition of Foundations of the Vocational Rehabilitation Process provides historical, philosophical, legislative, and sociological foundations for the habilitation/rehabilitation of persons with disabilities. A thorough and current introduction to the American vocational rehabilitation process, this edition addresses mandates presented in the current major pieces of disability legislation influencing the practice of rehabilitation, including:
- Greater involvement of individuals with significant disabilities
- Alternative approaches to vocational placement
- Provision of independent living services
- Expansion of rehabilitation/habilitation services for individuals with developmental disabilities
- Access to health care
- Protection of the civil rights of people with disabilities.
This book presents theoretical and practical assistance in translating those mandates into positive action. It is this dual process of individual and environmental proactivity that can maximize the rehabilitation of disabled individuals. Not just for the dedicated rehabilitation counselor, this book is also for students attending an introductory course at the Master’s- or senior-level and in-service directors who design informative training programs.
New in the seventh edition:
- Updated chapter on how The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended in 2008, prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability in employment, public services, accommodations, and telecommunications.
- Updated section on the right to medical treatment in light of the 2012 Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- New information and updated references were added on the five disability types–physical disabilities, emotional disorders, intellectual disabilities, learning disabilities, and visual impairments and blindness.
- Now includes more than 1300 references, 300 of which are new.
608 pages • 7x10, softcover • ©2016
Write Your Own Review