Differential Processing Training Program: 3-Book Set
Note : Image shown for reference purposes only. Actual product appearance may vary. Please read product description for full and accurate details
This comprehensive program trains auditory processing and language processing along a research-based neurological continuum.
The Differential Processing Training Program 3-book set was designed to give the speech-language pathologist a range of materials to use with all children with language processing difficulties, regardless of whether those difficulties begin with non-linguistic or linguistic language performance. Children manipulate increasingly complex units of language as they build skills in auditory processing and language processing.
The books and the units and activities within them are organized in a hierarchy. Each one- to two-page activity has a goal and a performance grid for easy measurement, identification of error patterns, and documentation of progress. The books may be used independently or in a continuum.
Acoustic Tasks + Audio files
Train sound awareness for skills in auditory attention and discrimination. The tasks in monaural listening, monaural alternating listening, and dichotic listening are presented on the audio files. All of the remaining activities are presented by the therapist in a hierarchy of steady to variable background noise. The activities include:
- Dichotic Listening - binaural listening, monaural listening, monaural alternative listening, listening localization, and dichotic listening
- Temporal Patterning - differentiate same and different sound patterns; listen to- and demonstrate patterns of pitch, loudness, and duration
- Auditory Discrimination - discriminate vowel, consonant, and compound word contrasts; develop auditory vigilance
Students understand and manipulate letters and sounds in words. The activities include:
- Phonemic Manipulation - develop skills in rhyming; word and syllable awareness; phonemic segmentation, deletion, addition, substitution, and rearrangement
- Phonic Manipulation - practice letter recognition; sound spelling and naming; phonic substitution, addition, deletion, and rearrangement; and word spelling and reading
Students attach meaning to progressivley more complex auditory stimuli.
- Word Relationships - make associations and comparisons; identify and generate synonyms and antonyms; explain multiple-meaning words and similes
- Prosodic Interpretation - recognize and interpret emotions and intonation; discriminate and interpret changes in stress and rhythm
- Language Organization - convergent naming (identify commonalities); divergent naming (name category members characteristics); and describe objects by attributes, parts, and function
The 3-book set consists of:
- Differential Processing Training Program: Acoustic Tasks
- Differential Processing Training Program: Acoustic-Linguistic Tasks
- Differential Processing Training Program: Linguistics Tasks
COMPLETE SET INCLUDES: Three, 155-page books with audio files of listening tasks. ( 2007)
Write Your Own Review